Saturday, May 11, 2013

Farewell, Mr. Wordbones

I have photos to post and maybe some movie comments as usual, but I must stop here to say good-bye to a fellow blogger in the Howard County blogging community. Dennis Lane, or Wordbones as he is known on his blog, Tales of Two Cities, was killed in a senseless crime at his home some time before dawn yesterday, not very long after making another post on his brilliant blog. I'm shocked, as is everyone who writes or reads on Hocoblogs. I always glance at the Hocoblogs page to visit other blogs and see what's going on, but I had been keeping Tales of Two Cities in my blog roll here, because Mr. Wordbones had such a keen grasp of local affairs. I also admired his sharp, glimpse-of-my-world photos.

That's all I can say right now. This is a tragedy for our community, and Dennis Lane and those affected by the crime will be in my thoughts.

There are more memorial posts and links to the horrible news on the Hocoblogs site in my margin links.

No comments: