Sunday, March 25, 2012

Carry On, Little Ollie

The Amazing Wonder Cat cavorts last July. I had just come up with this arrangement on the ledge after noticing that he was less willing to negotiate the full height of the ledge visible in the upper right corner of the picture. He continued to enjoy this climbing area and he made a hiding place of the hutch until quite recently.

Ollie ~~ October ?, 2000 - March 24, 2012. Adopted by me, or he adopted me, in October 2002. A treasure and companion to me; a friend to everyone who met him.

I took him to his vet yesterday and let him go. I came so close to bringing him back home again instead of letting it happen -- there were still conflicting signs of his hardiness, appetite and playfulness together with increasing problems caused by the growth of the first tumor. Ollie, I took care of you and let you enjoy your life for another five months, because I love you. I let you go before this thing became too dangerous, because I love you.

Thanks, everyone. Thanks for all the help and support.