Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gehry's Fisher Performing Arts Center, Bard College, NY



Frank Gehry's building at Bard College viewed from the side. (At home in Columbia, Maryland, we enjoy several very early designs by Gehry around the Town Center area.) The main Sosnoff Theater inside the Fisher Center is what I would say is an average or medium-sized opera house -- ideal, considering other discussion about some modern houses being too large? The orchestra pit looks relatively spacious. Seating at least in the orchestra section is some of the most comfortable I've encountered in any opera house.

Photo from my 2008 visit shows the front and main entrance of the building.

///Blogger went down for maintenance while I was trying to load photos in this post. Scroll down or click to a couple of recent posts for other photos. I'll be posting more later.///