hocoblogs@@@ ... A quick post -- I'll fix links later. This is from the Town Center e-mail list:
21st Century Development Trends – How will Columbia Measure Up?
· Hear Chris Leinberger – noted land use strategist, teacher, developer, researcher and author – speak about pent up demand for communities that embody “walkable urbanism”
· Learn how walkable urbanism and other real estate trends will impact downtown revitalization and other development patterns.
When: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 7 PM coffee/dessert/registration 7:30 program
Where: The Spear Center – The Howard Hughes Corporation Bldg., 10275 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia 21044
Registration: Registration is appreciated but not required. To register, go to: http://21st-century-columbia.eventbrite.com/ or copy/type this URL into your browser. For more information, please call 410-992-1451.
This presentation is the third in CA’s Community Building Speakers Series. This event is brought to you through a partnership of Columbia Association and The Howard Hughes Corporation.
Mr. Leinberger is a:
· Visiting Fellow at the Brookings Institute in Washington, DC.,
· Professor and founding Director of the Graduate Real Estate Development Program at the University of Michigan,
· Founding Partner of Arcadia Land Company, a New Urbanism/transit-oriented development and consulting firm, and
· President of Locus; Responsible Real Estate Developers and Investors
His most recent book is The Option of Urbanism, Investing in a New American Dream, published in 2008 by Island Press. He is also the author of Strategic Planning for Real Estate Companies. He has written for numerous publications, such as The Atlantic Monthly and Urban Land magazine. He has been profiled by CNN, National Public Radio, Infrastructurist, and Washington Post among other broadcast, web and print media.
Leinberger was voted one of the “Top 100 Urban Thinkers” in a poll conducted by Planetizen, the international urban planning and architecture website, in 2009. He was the William H. Whyte Award winner by Partners for Livable Communities in 2010.
Minetti Quartett with Pastry
7 minutes ago