Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Baltimore Opera Company!

I'm at my other computer adding my new opera links page to my side bar, and there's an article on Tim Smith's Clef Notes blog about the new Baltimore Concert Opera.

the post on Clef Notes with link to the new company's site

Later: I had read all of Tim Smith's post before writing this post. He spells out the details of the new Baltimore Concert Opera's relationship to the Baltimore Opera Company (which earlier filed for bankruptcy and cancelled the remainder of this season). Briefly, the BCO provides a forum for Baltimore Opera singers to perform while their original company recovers. I thought I'd better expand on this post after finding another note clarifying the situation elsewhere on the web. Meanwhile, both companies are included in the links on my page of opera companies.